Sunday, October 24, 2010

Follow-up to the race

Hi all. Carl here again.  I figure if anyone read the last post that they might be interested in whether or not I survived the race (or maybe not). :)  Anyway, here's a quick recap of what happened.

Angie's team (Warriors 4 Angie) all met before the race. It was an amazing show of support for Angie, Jeff, and their whole family. I believe there were over 70 team members, and it was very cool to see everyone come out to walk or run in celebration of Angie. Overall, there were over 24,000 registered participants at the Race For the Cure. Watching this mass of people move down the road was truly something to behold.

I did complete the race, and I did so without having to stop or walk. So, that felt good. And I was there at the finish line when Angie and Jeff came across. What a wonderful moment. Way to go Angie and Jeff!  Keep fighting, and remember that countless numbers of people are praying for you. We love you guys!

No comments: