Life with a 5 year old and three 2 year olds is BIG…it is LOUD…it is CHAOTIC.
All. Of. The. Time.
Not being one that is prone to chaos, I have to admit that I struggle against the craziness and I often find myself wishing to leap forward just a few years to when I hope (pray) that things are more manageable.
But on Monday, January 2, I had a “small moment” that brought me to tears and it made me realize that within the insanity that is our life, there are pockets of sheer bliss. Those are where my focus should be.
So with that, here are some small moments from Gausman Holidays 2011.
- Watching Matthew watch the Lego train at the Christmas tree farm after we tromped through the cold and mud after picking out our first Christmas tree as a family.
- The way the triplets rushed to the tree to hang their baby Jesus ornaments after coming home from Sunday school one Sunday. The way each knew exactly which one was theirs.
- Joshua’s Rock and Roll Snowman
- The way William carried around the giant talking Rudolph singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer…all of the words…at the top of his lungs…all of the time.
- How much Matthew LOVES the stuffed Abominable
- The look of pride on Joshua’s face as he marched out of his Winter Party wearing the Rudolph hat he had made during craft.
- Our morning searches for Harry the Elf.
- Our daily watchings of Chippey, Snowflake, Zart & Wordsworth.
- Walking into Christmas Eve service with the aforementioned stuffed Abominable (Matthew), Hermie the Elf (William) and Sam the Snowman (Paige.)
- Paige’s ability to eat her brothers under the table at Christmas dinner
- A New Year's Party complete with cake pops, ice cream, crepe paper streamers, homemade signs, hats, noisemakers and a parade in our pajamas....at 3:00 p.m.
- A child’s wonder at floats made completely out of flowers.
- A January 2nd nap in my bed with Matthew cuddled in my arms and Paige asleep beside me.
Here’s to many more small moments in 2012. Cheers.