Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Beloved Little Petrie Dish

I had the most amazing blog post rolling around in my head this week.

We were going to provide the info on the last detailed growth scans and then show you the pictures of the nursery. The nursery pictures were going to be accompanied by some pithy commentary on the Daycare Chez Gausman. I mean, come on, when you walk in to a room with three cribs, a changing table, a rocking chair and a dresser one can't help but think day care. We were all going to have little bios as the "day care workers" and provide a tounge in cheek schedule for the babies. I'm telling you, it was going to bring on quite a few chuckles.

But then, my beloved little petrie dish (aka Joshua) brought home a cold that has knocked me flat. If it is possible, I feel like my head is going to explode before my stomach. Thus, tonight is just a bare bones update and some really cute pictures. Enjoy! :)

The doctor's appointment on May 14 went very well. All babies again scored 8 out of 8 on their BPPs. We got detailed growth scans as well. Baby A weighed in at 4 lbs. 13 oz., Baby B was 4 lbs. 9 oz., and Baby C was 4 lbs. 5 oz. We'll go back for one more set of BPPs on the 21st and then it is to the hospital on May 28. The C-Section is scheduled bright and early at 7:30 a.m. which means we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. No big deal for me since I'm awake 3/4 of the night anyway, but Carl might be a little worse for wear!

It crossed my mind last week that I did not mention we had passed the 32 week milestone. I'm not sure how I forgot to mention it since it is so huge. We were 32 weeks on May 6. 32 weeks is such a big number because it means that if the babies were born now there is a very good chance they would be able to breathe on their own with minimal assistance but would not have to be put on ventilators. So YEA for 32 weeks and thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers that got us this far. Here are the pics from last week. Baby C wasn't posing well, but here are A and B.





And finally, here are some pictures of the nursery. We're all very happy with the way it turned out. A special thank you to Carl's parents for lending their talents. We, literally, could not have put the nursery together without them.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, sounds like things are going great for you guys! I think you have the same crib as we do, just more of them :)

I always thought 4 kids would be cool. We'll see how it goes with 1, first :D

Hope the name selection is coming along nicely.

Jessica said...

Such a cute room! I have 2 of those petri dishes and feel like I am always sick!!Yuck

The Gausman Six said...

Anandi - You have great taste in cribs. ;-) We'll let you know how the 4 kid thing goes! :) I think we're pretty set on names - we'll see in 10 days!

JennyMac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JennyMac said...

Hi ShaNaNa..the nursery is precious! I hope you are feeling better.

Jen

The Gausman Six said...

Jen - Thanks! We thought the nursery turned out well. Now we just need the babies to complete it!